for Early Years Educator
24-30 hours per week, term time only
Start date: April 2019
Banwell Buddies is a thriving early years setting offering outstanding care & education to children between the ages of 2 and 5 years. Our small, friendly and dedicated staff team work in partnership with families and the wider community to ensure all children attending are supported to reach their full potential. We aim to provide a warm inclusive environment with appropriate and exciting learning opportunities for all children.
Graded Outstanding by Ofsted in January 2015, this is an exciting opportunity for an excellent practitioner to join our well-established team.
Ideally applicants will have:
- A minimum level 2 in Early Years Education (or be actively studying towards one)
- You will need to have experience of working with children 2 - 4 years of age and an excellent working knowledge and experience of the EYFS, working within statutory and non-statutory guidance
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with parents/carers
- A warm smiling face that makes every child feel special, and the ability to laugh at jokes they don’t understand
- The creativity to be the best dinosaur/knight/scientist/bridge-builder they can be, and to delight in invitations to muddy tea parties
- The confidence to enter a public place on the way home from work with unknown substances on their clothing and with their hair styled in various ways
- The desire to work as part of a small, friendly and dedicated team, and the enthusiasm to share your ideas and creativity.
An apprenticeship will also be considered for the right applicant.
Banwell Buddies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children and expects everyone to share this commitment. We follow a robust safer recruitment process; two references will be obtained prior to interview and the successful candidate will be DBS checked prior to commencing work.
For further information or an application pack please email the office using the contact details above. Visits are encouraged. Please call the office to arrange a convenient time.
Closing date: Monday 22nd April 2019
Interviews: 25th/29th April 2019